||Jules Albert Louppe - who was the
president of the Coucil - managed to build that bridge to enable people
crossing the River Elorn. Freyssinet engineered that reinforced and prestressed
concrete made bridge is composed by 3 archsand a double way of 900 meters
long, 8 meters wide and 42,50 meters high) the inferior way was kept for
the railway. Works began in 1926, and President Paul Doumer inaugurated
it on the 9th of October 1930. Jules A. Louppe died in 1927
||View of the left riverbank (Plougastel
Peninsula side) Brest stands at the end of the cove . One can see it on
the left side of the bridge.
||Right river bank (Brest side
towards Plougastel - Road towards Quimper) The first arch of the bridge
was destroyed by the German army in August 1944.
bridge in September 1944.
resorted about 20 tons of dynamite to destroy it.